lilypie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Gluten Free Baking Break Through!

While glancing through my cookbooks, I have a small collection, in search of a few things for breakfasts this next week I suddenly remembered a website I had saved. I logged on and went to http://bakingforjohn.blogspot.com/ There was a pastry recipe I had been meaning to try.

A Puff Pastry. I know, I know, fellow Gluten Free bakers... it sounded NUTZ! But there are pictures to prove it could be done. So I decided to try it. I risked it all and make a double batch. Read the dirctions on the website for this AMAZING Danish Almond Pastry Puff. When I did I was shocked at some of the directions, but was convinced they MUST in fact work.

I did it. The risk was well worth it and everything has turned out beautifully. A GLuten Free Puff Pastry. AMAZING! WOW! AWESOME!

Check it out! Please try it and tell me your thoughts! We made ours without the almonds, or almond flavoring, and substituted vanilla instead, as several of the people here dislike almonds. I am thinking about altering the recipe to create Bear Claws. Imagine... Gluten Free Bear Claws for breakfast with our fresh raw milk. Doesn't get much yummier than that.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment