lilypie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, June 18, 2010

Gardening!

Well, while weeding we discovered severeal DEAD pea plants. But the kids got a taste here and there. The tomato plants are doing REALLY well! I guess I need cages... anyone have any extras?

We weeded for an hour, the baby zapped herself on the fence twice. I heard, "I'm so hooooooot", "Do I have to do this?", "My boots are hot!", "I'm thristy", "I don't wanna!", and various other complaints. But out oldest didn't say a single negative thing! He weeded huge chunks of space right along side me. The younger ones took the weeds to the compost pile... no matter what. "If you want to come in and have a drink, you'll finish. Otherwise you're stuck out here!" - I made it very clear what their requirements were. The oldest girl cried and sobbed dramatically as she cleared away every weed in the piles with her sibs... I watched from the window while rocking the baby. Well Done!

I know, I'm evil.

The baby's not really a baby anymore, is she? She's 18 mths old now and change. Ho hum. She's so adorable.Stubborn.opinionated.strongwilled. Yeah, she fits right in with the rest. When she starts talking, look out. She love Winnie the Pooh as much as her Momma.

Tomorrow is a gooseberry festival in town. It's tiny, but it will be fun for the kids, and FREE - which means we'll actually take them. Hope to see some of you there!

Thanks for reading. I promise to post more pics of our plants soon! My potted one are going crazy... maybe I should stick to pots?

No comments:

Post a Comment