lilypie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The One Room Schoolhouse Home


I'm trying to get our school room reorganized... but before I finish that I need to figure out the schedule we're going to have this fall. Why? So I know where to put things, of course! For an organizationally challenged individual, this is indeed impressive. Applause is appropriate here.

Right now I have a nightmare of a schedule. So I am wracking my brain, and the Internet, for different ideas to teach 3 different age/ability groups, and not take ALL day about it! Last year we got finished up with the kinder years by lunch, and the senior by 2 pm. Lots of free time available for all. I'm looking at my paper and according to this mess, we'll get done my 4pm, if lucky!

You have to remember you need to make time for breakfast, lunch, snack, break times, diapers, and all of the other things you never think of but do constantly throughout the day.

After I get the schedule made up, I'll get down to lesson plans. Whoo hooo. That's the fun part. Well, not as fun as doing the lesson, but the next best. This organizing is a headache and a half. But my brain is an organized person's bad dream... so I guess ...

Anyway, if any of ya'll have any ideas as to how to home school 5 kids, 3 different ability levels, 2 special needs kiddos mixed in, and a 2 yr old running around, napping, and so forth - PLEASE! Let me know!!!

2 comments:

  1. One thing that has helped me at least with all of the 'stuff' is using workboxes. Do a quick google on that and see what comes up. When its time for a certain subject we grab that box and everything is in it for everyone. This year was especially challenging because I'm working with 3 levels and a very naughty little girl....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! We started using workboxes last year! Saved my bacon, I can tell you! Our second youngest is our "naughty" one. How do you handle them both in nursery?! PS- got our boxes from WALMart, all those cardboard containers that they throw away after selling the back to school stuff. Gotta get a few more this fall :)

    ReplyDelete