lilypie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, July 16, 2010

Pooping and Crowing

Our youngest (20 months), decided to use the potty this evening, right after soiling her diaper a tiny bit. Mommy offered and she jumped at the chance. There she was, holding onto the edge, biting her tongue. Then whatdoyaknow? Plop. Then she Laughed! The look of concentration returns, and plop - she did it again. This time she puffs out her chest and does this laughing crowing thing with sheer delight at her ability to poop on call.

The continued for sometime, the plopping, laughing, and crowing with much laughter, clapping, and words of encouragement from Mommy. I WISH I had the camera - but I was afraid to lose the "moment" running to get it. She was so cute! Yes, she was cute sitting on the toilet that she looked like she could drown in. Naked - Laughing and kicking her little legs, puffing her chest out like a rooster.

The best part is that this happened right after I was very ill, with the porcelain throne (no, she did not see... or she would have been spitting into it). I was feeling pretty badly and asked if she wanted a turn on the potty, just for an excuse to not move for a while. It turned into not only a moment for me to recoop, but also a moment of enjoyment, growth, and bonding. It was a moment where this tiny girl reminded me of why I was happy to be pregnant. I owe a lot of gratitude to each of our children for such times when they teach me, remind me, and help me to be myself. My true self. I love them all so.

No comments:

Post a Comment