lilypie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Co-op

I think I mentioned that we homeschool- despite the temptations to go public. lol. We homeschool all of our children. Love it when it works out with a wonderful day... and let's be honest, anything's a headche when it doesn't work out. So we have on days and off days.

Today we were scheduled to be at co-op at 10 am for a presentation and then play practice. We got there at 1:15. Made it for the last bit of practice. So today? Was an off day.

Honestly I don't think I mind so much. I am hoping that our children learned a valuable lesson this morning from the consequences of their actions. We were late due to their behavior. Nothing unusual. Just a bunch of kids who thought they shouldn't have to do their chores. Then after learning that they were missing all the co-op fun and lunching, they got their acts together, and at least finished in time to catch part of the fun. Then when we left after practice, "but we didn't get to play!". I am seriously hoping something was absorbed from this experience.

Because I have plans for tomorrow morning too!

Looking back maybe I shouldn't have lectured so much... saying things like, "I am your mother, not your maid!" may not have made quite the impression I was going for. But who knows, maybe I said the right things. I guess I'll find out later when they get therapists- lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment