lilypie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Morning

Our oldest girl came out with me this morning to get her first lesson on milking a goat! We talked about things. Reproduction, body parts, breast milk, pain of birthing and milking, work boots, etc. Took all of 30 minutes and we chatted about a lot. We enjoyed it and had fun.

It reminds me that I need to focus more on the moment with these children that we have been blessed with. I only have right now. Tomorrow they will be older. I need to stop grumbling about the mistakes I think I've made and realize it's past, I can't fix it. I can only go from here and do better, the same, or worse. Better, I think is the goal. Right now they trust me. Right now they think I'm cool. And I am, but someday they may not think so. I'm going to enjoy today and plan for a happy tomorrow.

I guess it's not really about whether or not I'm a "good" mom, but whether or not I am the best mom I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment