lilypie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, April 12, 2010

Why this blog...

I want to share our lives out in left field with others. Maybe you live off center, maybe you run the straight line. But I want to share my thoughts, insights, and ramblings of my life as a homeschooling stay at home mom of 6 on our little homestead, as we learn to do what we need to do. And as I learn about me, I guess, and my many jobs and responsibilities. I know, talking about one's self can be so dreary. And reading about me could be worse. I just don't know yet. Enough self doubt! Moving on...

We began this trip almost 4 yrs ago when we purchased our 20 acres and home. Within a year we had a milk cow, 3 pygmy goats, mice, a few cats, and a flock of chickens. Most of these animals just showed up. We now have 2 cows, 9 adult goats with 5 (so far) kids, chickens (why count?), more cats, less mice (YAY cats), and who knows what else?

We are planning a modest garden, more fencing, and a number of other projects.

Our children range in age from almost 12 to almost 16 months. One is adopted from Taiwan, but that's another post. They are teaching me more than I teach them.

I am an amazingly happily married woman to an amazingly insightful and caring man... who is 5 yrs my junior. And he likes to remind me. But it's all in good fun. I am discovering the joys of long term relationships, romance, and communication.

All of the above and more will be the topics of this blog. Just my thoughts on life, self, society, family, and friends. I love my life, so if you're looking for angst, it ain't here. Might try the blog next door. Here you'll find optimism and hopefully an encouraging nugget or two along the way. Life is a wonderful thing. Care to share in mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment