lilypie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, April 30, 2010

New additions to our garden

I just picked up 8 tomato plants for $4 !! That's right, 4 bucks!! An older woman had some plants for sale out of her truck! Cool, I thought.
A friend who is an amazing gardener gave me a BUNCH of stuff including a lilac bush (baby), lily of the valley, some snapdragony thing, strawberry plant, a ground cover thing to put around a tree, and a number of others things I cannot remember the name to because I only wrote where they needed to be planted on the containers. Note to self : write the names too, silly!

So, for after Mother's Day, cause in Missouri it's the last possible frost day, we'll be out and about plantin all kinds of things. But some of this I'll put into pots first, because I want house plants this winter! Winter seemed to drag on and on, and I just think that with a few green things in the house it won't seem so awfully long. That's the plan anyway.

The herbs are doing very well so far. I'm thrilled I haven't killed anything yet. With all this rain I haven't had to water hardly anything either.

Hubby's gonna put up, with our help:), a fence around a part of the garden... whatever fencing fits in the budget and can keep out really smart goats! So we'll be busy with that soon too.

Looking forward to things this summer, even weeding. Fun. Sunny days. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment