lilypie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tuesday Garden

Hey I got out there with all 6 children and we weeded and planted PEAS!! Can you stand it? I know, I know. It's tooo much, dahling. Well, when we first tilled we, I had the interesting idea to take the leftover soggy hay and cover what we could of the tilled soil with it. So this morning, glory behold, there were hardly any weeds to pull in the area we needed for peas. So cool.

We planted the peas and got so more wet yucky hay, and covered what we could. I not gonna water it, we get enough rain here. So we're done with the garden for today. I don't know anything about gardening, but it feels right to do it. I dunno what the next step is, although we really NEED to find a fencing idea that's no cost and keeps the free range goats out of the garden.

Yesturday, was library day. But the day before we went into the basement and began getting our "Safe Room" cleaned up and set up. We cleared out a corner in our unfinished basement and put a couch a friend was done with, and a braided rug another friend was done with. Lots of sweeping was involved, dead Japanese Ladybugs everywhere. Afterwards, I made a list of what we needed to add to the SR, rolled up the rug and put it on the couch and covered them both with old sheets. We need a container of books and toys, the plapen, and some blankets and pillows. Then we'll be set in case of a bad storm or whatever else might happen out here in the stix.

Spring is busy. Well, every season is busy- let's be honest- with 6 kids. Oh speaking of kids- two of our does freshened and birthed 6 kids bewteen them. Oh my goodness, could they be any cuter? A friend gave up a buck this year, and as he is the most beautiful pygmy I've ever seen I am looking forward to breeding him this fall. So, busy busy busy busy.

Lovin life, hope you are too.

2 comments:

  1. Christina: I couldn't give it all up, but I do eat agave. It is quite good. Especially the agave chocolate. My blood sugar stays level!! I can NOT give up sweets altogether, but I refuse artificial like nutrasweet. So there you have it. I try to stick to veggies, fruits, lean protein and a few carbs. My body isn't happy unless I do that. Boring life, but I feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on planting peas! I just planted some the night before rain in a very crazy and desparate manner - racing the storm! LOL Just let 'em grow!! My kids like to eat them fresh off the plant - hate them any other way so I'm not planting so many this year. Anxious to see what else you plant in your garden!

    ReplyDelete