lilypie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, May 17, 2010

Birthday Cake Adventures.

Our eldest turned 12 this week. He has been reading nonstop about pirates, sailing, etc. He especially loved Treasure Island, we started listening to the audio cd as a family in the car, then he got tired of waiting for the next travel day, so he borrowed the book as well. Even the little guys enjoy listening to it. So Here's his cake- Auuurgggggghhh, Matey. I had a lot of fun making it. The kids helped with the decorations. I cannot claim it to be my idea. I get a lot of bday cake ideas from Howdini.com.

My husband thinks I get way too into the cakes, but his mom always got him and his brothers ice cream cakes... which to this day he remembers with much licking of lips. So I don't feel guilty at all for looking for ways to make our bday cakes special. Beside I think it's turning into a hobby, as we have so many bdays in a year.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the cake! Definitely more effort than buying an ice cream cake!!

    ReplyDelete