lilypie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday Ventures

Eeek! It's Saturday night already!

Well, we did some serious gardening. I used PREEN for the first time today. A friend highly suggested it. And yeah I know, I'm anti chemical in my food too. But I just haven't been able to make adequate time to weed properly, so... I'm cheating. Sue me.

I put in a sweet potato starter in the garden that was given to me today. So great to have friends! So I had quite a bit of work building up a mound, though I doubt it's high enough. The baby was crying for me, so I stopped and put it in the ground as quickly as possible. I have a few other sweet potato starts in the house to add as soon as they get bigger. So neat.

After that I did the Preen thing... then rushed off to care for the baby and do lunch and good grief if I didn't have to stop in the middle of stuff I can't imagine how much I'd get done.

My friend also gave me other starts. Let's see a rhododendron - some variegated and some regular and Wandering Jew (I'll post pics soon, I think it's beautiful).

Aside from the gardening I made a roast, enough to have for tomorrow, rice, salad, 2 pineapple upside down cakes, 2 pans of sweet bars, AND a batch of HEALTHY raisin oatmeal cookies. The oatmeal cookies are for me mostly. So I can have a sweet treat once in a while that isn't loaded with bad carbs and sugars. I tossed them in the freezer. I'm trying to stay away from chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and good heavens all those snacks I make for the kids that I shouldn't eat. I'm doing pretty well though. When I need something before my blood sugar crashes I've been reaching for a granola bar instead of the the "ah ah ahhhhhh. No no" snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment