lilypie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Gardening

Well, spent the morning in the garden, as much as one can with these small kids. Planted some things that were gifted to me. Is that a word? Anyway, dear friends gave is two peppers, some tomatoes, a green bean (I think), some basil, and a couple of tiny baby thyme. So they're all out there in the dirt, we weeded too. I've got some weed killer that a friends recommended (aren't friends great?) but the info packet is missing! SO until I have a little time to look it up online, I'm holding back on it. I don't want to use it improperly, ya know?

Our pea plants are a little yellow towards the bottom as are the older tomato plants. Not sure what to do about this- going to look for advice from experienced gardeners.

So things are just movin' right along, diggadum diggadum. Who doesn't like Kermit? Enjoy the day! ! !

1 comment:

  1. I was working in my garden today and wondering what your maters are looking like. They should be yellow down at the bottoms, but are the tops perking up? Thats what mine are doing. If they are, they should be well on their way to recovering from near drowning! Peas too, Its OK for the bottoms, but the tops turning yellow isn't such a great thing. Only thing I can imagine at this point would be drainage issues. Go easy on fertilizer when they are stressed, avoid fertilizing if possible until you see signs of healthy growth.

    ReplyDelete