lilypie

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, May 17, 2010

Old things are new again...





















Thanks to our Alpine dairy goat, Sparkles (which was a gift), we finally have enough milk to make some yogurt this morning. With 6 children, I do not go to this trouble for anything less than 1 gallon a batch.

How do you make yogurt? Apparently this is becoming a lost art. I'll confess I learned it from an Amish friend, whom I used to buy raw milk from. The recipe is available upon request.

The next thing we'll make, if she gives enough milk after her babies wean, is cottage cheese. MMMmmmmmm. Then, ice cream. The cottage cheese I also learned from this Amish friend, but the ice cream I got from an old old recipe book I found. These recipes are also available if anyone is interested, as I do not wish to hoard them. But like the sewing skills I have picked up during the last 3 years, it may take a practice round or two in order to get it just right for your tastes.

Anyway, the children are very excited at the prospect of yogurt for breakfast tomorrow.

Today's projects aside from the yogurt and general Monday cleaning? 1- Laundry- The Never eEnding Battle 2- Begin reorganizing the school room in preparation for this fall

WHOOOOOO! I'm stoked! Let's get to it ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment